What make Shine In the Limelight different from other youth theater companies?
Here are the top 10 reasons.... 1. All teachers are industry professionals with degrees in their areas of expertise.
Teachers are not teen volunteers, interns, or college students. 2. The number of students in each production is limited to less than 30. The average cast size is 20 actors.
Performers are not lost in a sea of kids, but are given one on one and small group attention in their training whether it be acting, singing or dancing.
3. Tuition covers all costs- there are no production fees or requirements to provide their own costume.
There is a one time registration fee that includes a tee shirt. They are not just in a musical /play - they are trained concurrently- training/rehearsal breaks down to between $6-10 per hour, when your average professional class is markedly more.
4. Production quality is markedly better than other youth theatre companies.
The performances reflect proper training and coaching. The attention to detail in costumes and props, wigs, make up and accessories, etc. are second to none. Performances are held at professional Central Florida theatre venues.
5. Performers are trained according to industry standards. They are expected to learn and retain lines, lyrics and choreography according to calendar, regardless of age. They are trained to be disciplined, prepared performers.
6. They are a part of a supportive, challenging, caring family network that pays special attention to their needs, strengths and areas of improvement. They are rewarded, awarded and honored for their work and loyalty to their craft. We are a bully free zone where all children and teens are accepted regardless of their ability. Auditions are for casting.
7. They rehearse once per week on the weekend- no after school commitments except. for tech week. There are no contracts or pre-requisite class requirements.
8. They have the opportunity to perform in 4 ticketed performances. They receive various types of fan mail, have a full color playbill with photos and individual bios and features.
9. Grades k-12 are treated equally in their excellence in experiences - teachers, production quality, training.
10. The owner of the company is a lead teacher and director of most productions.
That's what makes us different!
SPRING 2017 SEASON!
Currently casting supporting/ ensemble roles in FAME, LION KING & ALICE IN WONDERLAND
Shine In the Limelight is an innovative performing arts theatrical production company for children, teens and young adults in Central Florida. Our focus is to present high quality dramatic and comedic plays and musicals, featuring children and teens in all of the roles. In addition to productions, we specialize in small group performing arts and musical theater training and private coaching for young actors interested in drastically improving their on-stage/performing arts performances. Shine In the Limelight is dedicated to not only training students to be markedly better actors using proven, comprehensive, advanced techniques, we also specialize in audition preparation for directors in all mediums.
Our Mission is to enrich the lives of young people by addressing their unique needs through formal education in the performing arts and productions of the highest quality.
We help our students develop skills and broaden their horizons as people and as artists. We believe that by exposing children to all aspects of theatrical production, they will learn valuable skills, build their confidence and take part in experiences they will always treasure. We provide young people the opportunity to explore and perform theater together in an educational, supportive and professional environment, while developing self-esteem, teamwork, and positive communication skills.